A very poignant exhibition recently held at the Mshed relates to one of the very first purpose-built buildings for the disabled in the UK.
M Shed’s exhibition tells the story of The Guild of the Brave Poor Things, founded in 1894, its members and its headquarters.
The guild’s headquarters which still stands today in old market, the Architect was Frank Wills.
(Franks Wills and sons Architects also built Bristol’s Neo Gothic Will’s tower on Queen’s Road).
Moving, well in fact turning away from the cathedral to Deanery road.